These chewy white chocolate blondies are so good! They’re full of cinnamon and are super rich without being too much to enjoy one (or several!) as a quick snack.
The cinnamon in these white chocolate blondies is pretty strong, so if you love cinnamon then these are perfect for you! In a way, they’re almost similar to cinnamon rolls – rich, chewy and covered in a generous drizzle of icing!
Of course, if you’d like to leave out the cinnamon then you can (or you can reduce it), but I recommend using the lot – it makes them so perfect for Autumn and Winter! After all, is there anything better than cinnamon when it’s cold outside? They’d actually make a really great snow-day treat!
You could technically use light brown sugar instead of dark brown in this recipe. However, dark brown sugar keeps the blondies more moist and fudgy, resulting in chewier blondies.
The great thing about these chewy white chocolate blondies is how easy they are. You can mix them up in just one bowl – much like last week’s black forest brownies! These are just as good served warm with ice cream too – just like a good brownie!
Now, on to the frosting. It’s a super simple recipe with just 3 ingredients! To me, this is really the icing on the cake (no pun intended!). After all, is any dessert complete without a drizzle of either chocolate or frosting?
If you really love vanilla then you could replace a little of the water in the frosting with extra vanilla. However, I already used quite a bit so only do this if you really want to taste it – vanilla extract is stronger than you think sometimes!
It is optional to double the frosting recipe (or quadruple if you’re really my sort of person!) and actually dip the blondies in it as you eat. This is a really great option if you’re making these cinnamon blondies for a party or event. However, if you’re just making them to nibble at home then it’s best to drizzle it over since frosting dries out when kept in the fridge.
Chewy White Chocolate & Cinnamon Blondies
- 115 grams butter melted
- 215 grams dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 130 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100 grams white chocolate chunks
For the icing:
- 65 grams icing sugar sifted
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 8×8 inch baking tin with parchment paper.
- Add the melted butter to a large bowl and whisk in the sugar until smooth and thoroughly mixed. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk in gently until smooth and glossy.
- Add the flour and cinnamon, whisking in until just thoroughly, evenly combined. Add the chocolate chips and fold them in gently. Pour the mix into the prepared tray and bake for 25 minutes or until just cooked through but still gooey and fudgy in the middle. Leave to cool inside the tray.
- Gently whisk together the ingredients for the icing in a bowl and drizzle it over the blondies. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
If you’re looking for more indulgent sweets, then try this single-serving brownie in a jar – it makes a perfect portion size! There’s also this strawberry and white chocolate cupcake recipe – it has the best frosting ever (so much so that I actually made extra to eat with a spoon!).